Tuesday, February 21, 2006

If I keep this up...

It's sorta late...when did I become a freakin owl?? musta been at the joneses(es)

I just finished a song I started @ 9pm, man time flies when your hollering with a guitar strapped to your gut. (actually it was resting upon my leg)

Let's recap:

Worship yesterday went interesting, I had fun as did Bill and Tyler, but...I don't know that too many others there did, they weren't too interested in our brand of fun, but dang we had fun so we're gonna do it again

Today blew by me like 1(one) short breeze...gone, whole day at work done, just doing this and that and bam it's 5pm and i really ought to leave and guess what

No guess.

OK fine

I went to the gym!

Hallelujah I'm healthy again...and as per norm I kicked my own ass for 35 min, dave would have been laughing (until he saw my HR was at 200) then I ran off to some meeting regarding worship where they fed us nice pizza (there's some protein on that) and told us how it was gonna be...wasn't gonna be too bad, but I felt like a loser for a bit since I don't care one iota to sound like Hillsong United or any other thing that I hear in church these days (oops), then we all prayed and everyone was saying "new sound, new sound" and in my heart i was encouraged but at the same time was pondering "is anyone willing to stick their neck out" I am, hope it comes. The problem with a new sound is it's likely to be a real honest spirit and truth type sound...which will put cracks in the pavement and along with everything else that has life - destroy concrete church.

Thank God I'm his very own son and he and me get to punk religion (as Ashton would say?) and have a little fun along the way...

G'night

Sleep Well

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey
amazingly timely and honest entry. thankyou...everything is shifting at highlands as well, and worship has been spinning well out of confine and control for sometime now...i echo your sentiments, as it were...ive been meaning to ask you some of that stuff for a long time now...i think i still will, but i won't clog your blog to do it. hehe.
talk soon
k

Adele said...

Hey JP - who do you lead worship for...I've lost track with all the satellites...

xx

Adele said...

Actually that was quite a good question.

Who do you lead worship for?

Jon L said...

I don;t have a wife to punk religion with. Does that make me weird?

Reporter said...

easy tigers :>

Jon L said...

Hey remember that email with kittens that used to go around... you know the one....