Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Beginning of the End

Tonight Me and Cho went to a li'l coffee shop some of you have frequented on bloor street and discussed how to make a dream a reality. Well that's not what we discussed but that's what the title of the sermon shall be for tonight, since that's what the outcome will be.

I have been sweating ideas for a bad-ass label/ad agency/stunt org./toxic waste management company for somewhere near 3 years. I've found people with the same passion and we've brainstormed and almost done something, but it's never happened so far. But I'm different now, I used to try to fly before even learning to run, and it wasn't often I desired to walk, but now...I'm willing to walk. In fact for the next 8 months I'm gonna walk (thank-you cho) I'm gonna walk until I learn to run, not sprint mind you but run with some endurance.

So yeah we sat there, drank our drinks, and Cho helped me get my head onto paper, with a timeline, that has achievable goals for 3 stages of the creative shift I am planning with the help of many.

While we were there a dude walked into the place with a guitar and we struck up a conversation with him. Pete was about to play a gig a few doors down so he came to chill with his ex-barrista crew and practice. So he plays us some tunes and we get to talking about all the stuff we're thinkin about like Stunts that we'd like to pull off in Toronto (Like the massive Pillow Fight on the subway in October that newmindspace did) and he gets excited and wants in and gives some ideas of where to pull off one the sweet ones. It was a divine moment. He'll probably join me and all the others that found "tlr"(details to follow once we decide just how legal to keep the stunts).

I've registered the domain names:

thecreativeshift.com/net/org

You'll see a small site there in a month or so.

I have a fair amount of work ahead of me but the first job is to finish Kelly's Album. We are close now, I can see the landing strip, and I know your going to love her music.

Tonight feels good...

Grace,
Jon

P.S. here are the photos of my reaction to Dave and Adele's wonderous news

**Shock**



!!Good Job Dave!!



:0 Singing For Joy :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jon...you are right on time.
i am excited for you, anticipating with you for everything to unfold. you embody humility, courage, wisdom and strength. it is remarkable.
lov'n ya...and believing in you
and hey...so stunned and excited to be a part of this...
k

Adele said...

You are a creative genius....looking forward to hearing about your exploits. Need a copywriter? You know where to come....

Nice photos on the reaction....I've always loved david H and his remarkably skinny shins....

xx

A.J. said...

Yeah Jon has a blog... how exciting!

Jon, you are one of those people who I truly believe can do anyhing! And I will be one of those people who wil be chearing you on forever!!!!